12/10/07

Wrapping up the fall term

Hello all, I've just today finished up the last of my final projects for the fall term. So I had some time and thought I would post up the renders from my Advanced 3D Modeling final. Click on one of the images below to view the larger version.


I turned these in today. My instructor didn't really have any critiques to offer so I'm sure I'll get a good grade out of this class.

Also I got another freelance gig. My room mate and I are splitting the load on some work for the same guy that I worked with on the Columbia Trade show Commercials earlier this year. This time we are creating normal maps for some Animals in a tech demo. Normal maps are basically 2D flat images that are applied to the surface of a 3D model to give it added detail such as muscle-tone, pores or wrinkles or in our case fur and feathers. He is paying $500 a map, and considering that each map will probably only take a few days to produce (with the exception of any revisions) thats a pretty good deal, great work experience, and a pretty nice line of text on a resume.

Anyway, after I'm all done with that. I'll be headed to spend the winter break with Mom this year. Hopefully some of you will be in the Boise area for the Holidays so I get to see you, but if I don't get to see you, have a Merry Christmas and a safe and happy New Year.