10/24/07

First few weeks of Advanced 3D Modeling

Hey Everyone!

I had a few minutes so I thought I would post up some images of my first couple of assignments in one of my classes; Advanced 3D Modeling.

I had been waiting for the right opportunity to take this class and was extremely excited when the school finally hired a really good instructor for it. I actually had to beg the Program Director to force add me to the class because it was full when I tried to register for it, but I'm in now and having allot of fun with the assignments.

Here is project 1. The concept and orthographs below were the instructor's own. It was basically supposed to be a fairly simple model that could be completed in a weeks time. I finished early so I UV unwrapped/textured him too.

This is my finished render.


Project 2 was to model an anatomically correct male torso. Here are some images showing the ploy flow.


Here is the finished render.


The next assignment is a realistic reproduction of a celebrity's head. I'm going to be doing Patrick Stewart (Captain Picard from Star Trek). Hopefully I'll find time to post up some images as I work on it.

------
Also, I set up a Meebo chat widget on the right side of the page that lets anyone chat with me if I'm online. All you have to do is type your message in to the field provided. Feel free to say hi.